Thursday 28 August 2014

Horse archery

Just got back from 3 weeks in France (where we no longer have wifi at the house, which is my excuse for not blogging for ages), supposedly on holiday but actually ended up on a kind of extended horse archery training course.....as you do!

This is a new FFE discipline and John at our old club has taken it up big time. As they had a competition planned for the final weekend of our stay, we decided it'd be fun to have a go. Ali of course got to ride Kinna, and as she's been doing field archery for a few years, turned out to be some good at it.

I on the other hand, got totally thrashed by everyone in Club 3 (the easiest level, all at the walk), even the kids on a lead rein. But it really was a lot of fun :-)

We went for several training sessions, including one where I managed to fall off Nanou, she only has 2 speeds, plodding along like a donkey or full speed racehorse and I ended up swearing (and laughing) a lot as she tanked off up the run.....
Needless to say, I can only actually hit the target when she's in donkey mode ;-)

John has done a really good job with Kinns, she totally gets what you have to do and doesn't bat an eyelid at any of it.....

Didn't want to come home.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd try it but I'm really really crap at anything involving eye/hand coordination. I mean REALLY crap. I'd be more likely to shoot the horse in the head than shoot anywhere near the target

Post a Comment

I like comments, please leave them, but have to moderate them because there are some strange people Out There.......thank you for your patience :-)