Friday 5 July 2013

Out of my comfort zone.....

So the people up at the stables are on holiday for a couple of weeks and guess who got the job of doing riding lessons?

Decided to put the girls through the torture I'd suffered at their age, namely jumping with no stirrups and reins, and naturally, they loved it....

And so for the second session this week I saddled up the old boy to see if I could have a go without falling off. I'm no good at jumping, never have been, (more on that here) but they seemed to be enjoying it and I thought if I'm supposed to be teaching them I ought to lead by example......and it did look like fun......

And actually it was!
I even pointed G at a bigger jump before I'd really given myself time to think of a reason not to and we managed it OK
Be a while before I could contemplate tackling that one with no stirrups though.....

In other news, Sarah tells me Kinns is looking a lot better and Sheila came to visit yesterday and asked me to sign Seraphina over to her so now I know our star girl has a brilliant forever home. Happy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, please leave them, but have to moderate them because there are some strange people Out There.......thank you for your patience :-)