Tuesday 3 April 2012

How the rules have changed.....

Was just talking to Ali about when I learnt to ride and it got me thinking. Remember when you were learning to ride and your instructor told you all theses things, like always lead from the left with the lead line in both hands

never let a rope drag on the floor

always keep your hands down and together


Always mount from the left


A lot of it is sound safety stuff that was drilled into us, but experience has changed what I do. A lot....

Now my rules are things like never start something you don't have time to finish, always reward for the smallest try and be firm, consistent and calm no matter what happens.

Although very occasionally I really do have to mount from the left ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, please leave them, but have to moderate them because there are some strange people Out There.......thank you for your patience :-)