Wednesday 10 November 2010

You can lead a horse to water......

Taking advantage of the girls living near the river at the moment, I decided to see whether they'd be prepared to go for a paddle -  Gandalf isn't too keen on walking through water, in fact the first time we came across a big puddle in the woods, he jumped it from a standstill rather that get his feet wet, took me by surprise!

Last week I look Kinna down to the river, she followed me straight in and started splashing with a foreleg - and I stupidly took a step back to avoid the splashing and got water in over the top of my boots......

She was quite happy to be in the water, and did indeed have a drink......

Such a good girl, as usual.....
Today it was Sky's turn. We didn't have so far to go to get to the river, given the amount of rain we've had in the last few days! She wasn't quite so keen, spent a while sniffing and checking it out before taking the plunge....

....but she went in eventually
and I didn't get water in me wellies this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, please leave them, but have to moderate them because there are some strange people Out There.......thank you for your patience :-)